Musical Theatre Auditions (Spring)
Registration for the NATS National Student Auditions: Texoma Region – online Musical Theatre auditions will open January 2024. The information below is from 2023, for your reference.
Please carefully review the following calendar, eligibility and registration requirements, and the highlighted changes for these auditions.
A few additional reminders:
- Make sure your affiliation in AuditionWare is set to “Texoma Region.” This is done on the AuditionWare homepage: you should see a “change” button at the top of the page.
- Your school and/or private studio may not be in the dropdown menu list that is currently populated in AuditionWare. If you need it to be added, please email me [Daniel.HunterHolly@utrgv.edu] the information. Keep in mind, you will not be able to complete your registration if your studio name is not on the list – plan ahead!
- Please read and review the video requirements with your students! I’ve included additional information below.
- The top five finalists from each category are eligible to enter the NSA National YouTube Round.
I’ve added two documents within the AuditionWare home page regarding video requirements and instructions for uploading the videos to YouTube.
- Texoma NATS – Video Recording & Upload Instructions: this is a more complete document and contains essential information for teachers.
- Quick Guide: Recording & Upload Instructions: this is a “highlights” document that is meant to be shared with your students that are making their own recordings.
National Student Auditions Regulations for full details)(see the
*These are the MT categories that are eligible to advance to the next round of the NSA.
I will be sending out additional information about video policies in the next couple of weeks; in the meantime, please keep the following requirements in mind:
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Daniel Hunter-Holly
Auditions Chair, Texoma Region NATS
Professor, School of Music
Associate Dean, College of Fine Arts
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley