Artist Series Registration for the 2022 Conference has closed.
2022 Texoma Regional Conference will be hosted in-person by West Texas A&M University, November 10-12, 2022
Texoma NATS Members are invited to submit proposals for lectures, recitals, programs, and/or performances for the Artist Series held during our annual conference. All events are currently planned to be held live, and we are not currently planning for any presentations to be delivered remotely.
If you wish to apply for the 2022 Texoma Artist Series, please visit our website
at www.texomanats.org, go to the "Information" tab, and click on "Artist Series Registration Form." The submission portal will be open on April 15, 2022. If you have any difficulties with or questions about the process, please contact the Texoma NATS Webmaster, André Chiang, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding application content should be sent to San-ky Kim, email@example.com, our Texoma Artist Series Chair.
All proposal abstracts should include a statement describing why the presentation will be of interest to Texoma NATS members and students. We are working to ensure that all presentation can be livestreamed, and we plan to make each presentation available online for conference attendees for the duration of the school year, at a minimum. Additionally, for each of the following presentation formats, successful proposals typically include the following as supporting materials:
- Lecture: a well-organized outline of the lecture; demonstration of the presenter’s expertise on the lecture’s topic (without revealing the applicant's identity)
- Lecture Recital: a well-organized outline of the lecture; a full program listing; recent recordings of 5-10 minutes of presenter(s) singing selections from the proposed program
- Recital: a full program listing; recent recordings of 10-15 minutes of presenter(s) singing selections from the proposed program
- Half-session: Any of the above types of sessions, but the final presentation would be deliverable in 20-23 minutes
Submission files should include the following:
1. An outline for a lecture, lecture recital, or mini-session OR the program listing for a recital
2. Additional materials including audio recordings (in .mp3 format), reviews, written materials, etc. that support your submission
These are the parameters for the submissions:
1. Submission files MUST NOT include any identifying information such as names, locations, positions, etc. We will immediately dismiss submissions that have any identifying information. You should redact any materials of identifying information (such as a review) by blacking out the identifying text.
2. The outline or any written materials MUST be in .pdf format. We will not accept or distribute written files in any other format.
3. Audio files MUST be in .mp3 format. We will not accept or distribute audio files in any other format.
The first file uploaded should be the outline (for a lecture, lecture recital, or half-session), or the program listing (for a recital), and that will leave the remaining four upload spaces for audio recordings or other materials.
A committee will perform a blind review of submissions and choose presentations that provide a varied program. Any personal information on the supporting materials must be removed before distribution to the selection committee, so you can assist the process by removing as much personal information as possible prior to submission.
Here are our important presentation reminders:
1. Presentations may not exceed 50 minutes. We simply cannot allow them to go over time, as we have a very tight schedule.
2. ALL participants (pianists, singers, instrumentalists) must comply with the NATS Copyright Policy.
3. Presenters may not request specific times in the conference schedule; all presentation times will be assigned.
4. Members will not be selected to perform in consecutive years and may not be considered for more than one proposal in the same year.
Application deadline: June 1, 2022 – 6:00 p.m. (CDT)
Notification regarding selection for the 2021 Artist Series will occur by August 1, allowing sufficient time for selectees to make the necessary arrangements for their presentation/performance to be a part of the Fall conference. Artist Series presenters do not receive compensation for their presentations. All Artist Series participant names should be included on the application, and all NATS members in each proposal should register for the conference in order to participate on the Artist Series. Beyond registration, we encourage NATS members to be active participants in the conference.
As a reminder, the 2022 Texoma Regional Conference will be hosted in-person by West Texas A&M University, November 10-12, 2022.